This is a summary of the implemented and planned developments for the Keepers Registry. This will be updated in the light of progress made.
- Provide information for titles with a valid ISSN which are not reported as archived in both search results and the title list comparison service.
- Explore how the API can be used to provide data to external services.
- Make information and data reports available to Keepers through a dedicated Keepers area in Member Services.
- Enhancements to the title list comparison service.
- Filtering of search results.
- Improved readability of per-title archival coverage metadata.
- Improved accessibility for non-English language users of the Keepers Registry.
Achievements to Date
- Introduction of a Member Services area. We introduced a new Member Services area containing additional functionality, such as the title list comparison service.
- Title List Comparison service. Our Title List Comparison feature helps you discover the archival status of a list of serial titles important to you. Registered members can upload a file of e-journals and receive a report reporting the titles and volumes that are being preserved and those which are ‘at risk’ of loss.
- Machine to machine interface, now available in the Member Services area.
- Persistent URLs allow individual records to be referenced.
- Statistics and Reporting: display of the total number of titles with at least one volume either Preserved and/or In Progress
- Rebranding as the Keepers Registry Beta Service with the addition of:
- Browse by title
- Browse by publisher
- Improved front page, with news and simplified access to archiving agency information
- Initial launch of the PEPRS Beta Service with the following functionality and information
- Search by Title or ISSN (e-ISSN, p-ISSN, ISSN-L)
- Archiving Agency Information
- Terms and Conditions of Service
- Feedback mechanism